Welcome to Zenith Solutions Special Events Arena.Learn with Industry Leaders at our Interactive Workshops and Lectures.
About This Interactive Workshop…
Whether you are just starting your project or are already in production, it is not unusual to find that information quality issues prevent the company from realizing the full benefit of their investment in the new systems. You will learn practical approaches to improving the quality of information critical to your organization, satisfying customers, and achieving company goals.
If you working on real data quality-related projects that need real results, this is the seminar for you. What is presented applies to any kind of data in any industry. Those from all organizations – for-profit businesses, education, government, healthcare, and nonprofits – can benefit from what is learned here because all depend on information to support what they provide. Both foundational data quality concepts and practical instruction are included. Lecture, discussion, and individual and group exercises are an integral part of the course.
Come with your particular needs in mind and ready to participate as this is a highly interactive workshop. Learn how to apply to your situation and leave with realistic methods for improving information quality.
The course is based on the extensive experience of Danette McGilvray, trainer/author/consultant, and her book Executing Data Quality Projects: Ten Steps to Quality Data and Trusted Information™ (Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2008).
Danette McGilvray’s Ten Steps to Data Quality
May 28th and 29th
Rendezvous Hotel, Melbourne
8:30am – 4:30pm
Non-Member: $1900 + GST Member: $1615 + GST Group: (3 or more) $1520 + GST
What You Will Learn at the Workshop
Key topics include:
- The Framework for Information Quality
- The Information Life Cycle
- The Ten Step™ process
- Analyzing the information environment
- Assessing data quality and business impact
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Implementing controls
- Essential communication to meet information quality needs
- Real-life application of the framework and methodology
Attendees will be able to:
- State their current data quality challenges and objectives.
- Understand concepts fundamental to data quality management, such as the Framework for Information Quality, data quality dimensions, business impact techniques, root cause analysis techniques, etc.
- Choose the appropriate steps/activities from the Ten Steps process to address their business needs.
- Practice many of the techniques during the seminar.
- Obtain templates and examples to apply to their own situations.
Who Should Attend the Workshop…
Individual contributors and team members responsible for or interested in the quality of data in their business processes, systems, or databases. This includes those in roles such as:
Data quality analysts
This class has also proven helpful for some managers and project managers as they also need to understand what is involved in data quality. They are the ones who hire and assign people’s time and are called upon to remove roadblocks to data quality work.